The Truth About Abortion

Norma McCorvey has died. If the name doesn't strike a cord, it's because she was better known as Jane Roe of Roe versus Wade, in the 1973 Supreme Court decision to legalize abortion. Norma was a young mother of two when she became pregnant with a third healthy baby. She pleaded rape to abort the baby but authorities found no evidence of rape; she later confessed that she lied about the rape. She tried to obtain a legal abortion through the Texas court system with no success. The case was eventually taken to a US District Court in Texas, and finally, the United States Supreme Court where she won the right to abort her baby. The good news is that Norma’s court battle took longer than her pregnancy and she gave birth to a healthy baby.

The right to terminate a healthy pregnancy remains a contentious issue to this day. The Women's March on Washington was a strong reminder that abortion activists are alive and well. Although rape, incest, and the mother's health are concerns most advocates use to argue the legitimacy of abortion, the stats show something different. Only 12% of abortions fall into those categories, the remaining 88% relate to birth control in one way or another. Most abortions, 85% are performed on unmarried women. Since the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling of Roe v Wade, fifty-three million abortions have been done in the United States. If these figures are correct, promiscuity is the leading cause death in this country.

The science is convincing. A living organism is defined as a system able to move, grow, respond, adapt, carry on a self-regulating metabolism, and reproduce. Within 24 hours of fertilization, the human embryo reaches the two-cell stage, fulfilling all requirements that science defines as life. God told Jeremiah that before he was physically formed, he was spiritually created. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”(Je. 1:5)

Webster defines abortion as “a miscarriage.” He defines miscarriage as to bring forth young before the proper time. To induce a miscarriage is to bring forth the living before the completed time, destroying that which God has sanctified, or made Holy. Abortion for the purpose of terminating unwanted babies is an unacceptable choice to God and is a major cause of earth’s constant troubles.

 “ If we decide to continue sinning after we have learned the truth, then there is no other sacrifice that will take away sins.  If we continue sinning, all that is left for us is a fearful time of waiting for the judgment and the angry fire that will destroy those who live against God.”(Heb. 10:26-27) For more about the sanctity of life, read.“Study More” and “Beam me up Commander.” Both free!